Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coconut Oil As Eye Makeup Remover

I have found a new best friend. After having a really bad reaction to something and having a nasty rash on both eyelids that lasted for weeks, I finally had enough and did some research on natural makeup remover and stumbled upon coconut oil and its many uses and benefits. After recovering from my reaction and finally getting my nerve back to put something on my eyes, I did a strong smokey eye with heavy eyeliner and when I went to remove my makeup was truly amazed. Coconut oil comes in a solid form but turns to liquid immediately on contact with the skin. I use it to remove eye makeup by warming a small amount on the back of my hand and then gently apply it in circular motions to the eyelid. Once the makeup dissolves, I take a cotton pad and rinse it with clean warm water and wipe down from the eyebrow to the lashes and the makeup is removed. So easy and the eyes do not sting or burn. Coconut oil can be found in most health food stores. I got mine at whole foods for around $12. Just make sure it is unrefined or unprocessed (especially not heat processed) and organic.

1 comment:



  1. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.




    Oil Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete