Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Favorite Red Lip Colors for the Holidays


With the holidays rapidly approaching I keep thinking of the holiday parties I will be attending and what I will be wearing and of course what makeup looks to wear and the easiest way to look glamorous is to put on a strong and daring red lip. It just makes me feel so gorgeous and sexy to have smokin red lips. A nice bonus that it makes your teeth look super white too! So here are my favorite red lip colors that I keep going back to over and over again. The first one is my Stila Long Wear Liquid Lipcolor in "Fiery". This color is gorgeous and goes on silky smooth and dries to a strong matte finish. I sometimes feel it is a bit dry so I need to make sure my lips are in good condition before wearing this on a night out but this color does last and last and stays on through a long evening but needs to be reapplied in the center if eating or drinking often. One of my all-time favorite red lipsticks by MAC is "Russian Red". This color looks beautiful on every skin tone and is a truly beautiful red. This is also a matte but feels more creamy than the Stila lip color but of course does not last as long. Last but not least is my latest addition from NYX from their Black Label collection called "A Tribute to Marilyn" and it is indeed. I felt like the beauty herself when I wear this color. I really liked the texture of this lipstick and it has a very alluring fragrance that smells yummy. Some people are afraid of wearing reds because of the bleeding and staying power but I truly love these colors and after I apply them, go around the lip with concealer stick, concealer with a flat brush or nude liner to ensure the color stays where it should. So pull out your favorite red lipstick or lip color and rock it this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment