Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Friday, December 21, 2012

Finally got a BB Cream and Love it!

So I have been on the fence about trying a BB cream (short for "beauty balms" or "blemish balms") and it seems like everyone has one now and so many cosmetic companies are making them. I was even at the M.A.C. store the other day and they have one but I thought I would start with a drugstore brand first just to test it out. I bought the Loreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator SPF 15 in the color "Light". Loreal claims it "evens, illuminates, perfects, moisturizes and corrects in one step". I bought mine at Target for $16 on sale. I was very curious to try this stuff since I am a makeup artist and should have tried them all by now but will blame that on my crazy life lately. As a mom, I do like to wear something to hydrate and protect my skin when I am running around with the little one and I have been a big fan of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer which the texture of the Loreal BB cream reminds me of. It goes on smooth and light and gives a nice glow to the skin and hydrates enough without making my skin feel greasy. At first, I wasn't sure it was covering good enough but as it began to settle on the skin, my skin looked even, smooth and had a bit of a glow which makes me very happy. The one problem I have with it is the smell. Whew. It has a strong floral scent which I am not fond of but I noticed that after an hour, the smell lessened unless I just got used to it. Overall, this is a great product if you can handle the fragrance and I do really like the effect it has on my skin but would be so happy if Loreal came out with a fragrance free version. 

2 comments:

  1. Boots (in most Targets) has a BB called Soft & Sheer and it has very little fragrance - it's hypo-allergenic too. New follower & fellow beauty blogger! So glad you decided to jump in, and wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jasmine. I am following your blog as well. Very inspiring. I like Boots products. Thanks for the tip. There are so many BB Creams out there. I will check that one out.

    ReplyDelete