Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm Back-Thanks in Part to Vitamin C

I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted. So awful but I can explain. We bought another house, rented the old one, produced my own makeup show for a local artists talent showcase, got stomach flu, lost 6 pounds in a week, recently got bronchitis for three weeks and now are going into the holidays. All this time, I have been bursting with ideas to post but with all the stress, drama and illness in my life I have not been able to sit down to get them typed up. One thing I have learned through all of this is how taking care of ourselves has a huge influence on the way our skin looks. My skin went through dehydration and a serious breakout and is finally beginning to look somewhat normal after two months. While being ill and very stressed, I realized how powerful Vitamin C is and the effect it can have on our skin and health. Every day, I took 1000mg of Vitamin C in tablet form in the morning and drank a packet of Emergen C Acai flavor (which contains 1000mg of Vitamin C) in the afternoon. I was shocked that after a week,  my normally brittle nails are stronger without cracking, my eyebrows began to fill in on the outsides (which never happens) and my skin began to clear up and look more firm. I do not recommend taking large amounts of Vitamin C and please check with your doctor before doing so since large doses of Vitamin C can have side effects but it is truly amazing how it contributes to our well being both inside and out. I will definitely be taking Vitamin C and the Emergen C packet to see if these results continue. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment