Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Monday, January 7, 2013

LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub Review




I was so happy to hear that there was a Lush store that had recently opened in my local mall so I rushed in to get my bath bombs that my daughter is now addicted to (and has no idea how much it costs mama if she uses one a day). As I was checking out, I stumbled upon the impulse buy of the day: Lush's Sweet Lips. I figured with the cold winter months and with the darker lip colors I wear lately, this would be very handy to have around and for the price of $9.95, I thought I would give it a try.
 I love how Lush's products are handmade (mine was made by Faeryll), have a "best if used by" date and only have the most natural ingredients. The ingredients are listed as "Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vanilla Extract, Cocao Absolute, and Tagetes Oil (which is a Mexican Marigold essential oil)". The directions indicate that you take a bit of the product and scrub it on your lips until smooth. First of all, this stuff smells like chocolate and is oh so yummy if you end up tasting it, which you will if you use it. The consistency is a bit dry in my opinion which makes me waste a lot of product when applying. I end up getting lots of excess in the sink but it does leave my lips smooth and soft but I wish there was a bit more jojoba oil in it to give it more moisture. I do admit, when I am craving sweets, I do a quick scrub and it gives me my chocolate fix for the day. Overall, this product smells amazing if you like chocolate and gives you smooth lips that helps lip colors go on effortlessly.



No comments:

Post a Comment