Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi

Event Makeup and Custom Body Bronzing by Westi
Photo by Brandy Fine Focus Photography

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Best All Natural Sunscreen


With the hot summer days still among us and my quest to find the best sunscreen, I had to share the product that I am currently very happy with. Being at the beach almost weekly, I have become so tired of applying sunscreen to myself and my daughter time after time with the same horrible odors and greasy or difficult to apply textures. I made a trip to the health food store and picked up a tube of Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Sunscreen in "Pure Lavendar" SPF 45. I was intrigued by the smell in the store and rubbed a bit on my hand so I figured it should be put to the test. I started using it on my daughter for preschool and I love how easy it blends and the smell is oh so lovely and it soaks in nicely. I have also noticed that my daughter's rough skin (keratosis pilaris) has softened which has been an added bonus. I try to put nothing but pure products on myself and my daughter's skin and this sunscreen contains Green Tea, Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Aloe, Lavendar (for the scent of course) and chamomile which makes me very happy. This product is great and comes in several different varieties, including fragrance free if you aren't into scent as I am. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a larger tube. For a 4oz tube, it costs around $10. But the size is very handy to keep in your purse or gym bag. I can't wait to explore Alba Botanica's other products. Wishing everyone a happy and safe Labor Day weekend and don't forget the sunscreen!


2 comments:

  1. Using sunscreen is good for our skin but using natural sunscreen help us to keep our skin healthy and as all contains you mention are full of Vitamin and smells also nice.


    Best Natural Sunscreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they make an all natural sun screen for kids. I hated putting all the chemicals on her skin just to not get burnt but could possibly cause other conditions down the road.

    ReplyDelete